Our company offers hardwood flooring installation and repair services. Installation and finishing of the flooring is quick and dust-free. The firm serves Cape Cod County, where it successfully fulfills orders of different complexity. Our main priority is full satisfaction of the customer’s expectations.
Types of repairing floors
Among the popular layered wooden coverings made of laminate, vinyl and parquet boards, only the latter type is subject to repair. The service life of hardwood flooring under normal conditions is estimated at several tens of years, while its counterparts made of pressed materials have a shorter margin of time. Laminate and vinyl are made from less durable materials, while parquet is made from solid plank.
It is impossible to repair chips and scratches on artificial materials, they can only be decorated. Hardwood board is easy to grind, after which all irregularities and deformations are eliminated, and then varnished.
Over time, various defects may appear on the hardwood:
- Creak. Possible reasons for this phenomenon can be loosely connected strips, which rub their edges against each other when walking and emit a sound. Other reasons for a squeak can be: delamination of the planks from the subfloor, the absence of an expansion joint, or an incorrectly laid distance between the lags;
- Slots. It appears as a result of loosening of the boards, since they are made of natural wood, and it tends to dry out;
- Floor height differences are often caused by deformations in the subfloor;
- Darkening of parquet boards. The main reason of this is the wrongly choosed type of floor coverage;
- Swelling of the covering. It usually appears after flooding with a lot of water;
- Scuffs and scratches. They can be easily fixed with a special pencil or putty, which is chosen to match the color of covering.
Repair of a wooden floor begins with cleaning the old protective covering of the parquet — scraping, which also removes minor scratches, chips and irregularities. And then follows:
- Sealing gaps with a putty. It is carried out at the request of the customer and is only aesthetic in nature;
- Elimination of defects. Creaky flooring is bonded to the subfloor, replacing old boards with new ones;
- Final sanding. A medium grit is used first, followed by a fine grit. This stage should be carried out at a high level, further work with a primer and varnish depends on the quality of the work;
- Covering the floor with varnish which can be added to the color according to the customer’s choice. In complex repairs, wax-based compounds are most often used;
- Cleaning the room to prepare the ideal surface for painting;
- The varnish is applied in three layers, between each of them a certain time is kept for drying.
Benefits of working our company
The company is highly rated on the HomeAdvisor list and received a Super Service Award, and these are far from its main advantages:
- 10 years of experience in this field allows us quickly and efficiently repair wooden floors;
- the company has established itself as a reliable contractor, providing affordable prices for its services, after signing the contract they remain unchanged;
- purchased materials come from trusted suppliers;
- specialists leave behind a perfectly flat and smooth covering, hand over the object clean and tidy.
It is simple and understandable:
- The client can leave an application on the website, after which the measurer leaves for the object. He determines the scope of work and their complexity, coordinates with the customer all the nuances important for him and the room being repaired;
- The final price of the repair is established, after its agreement with the customer, an contract is signed;
- Hardwood is being repaired;
- Acceptance of the completed work takes place, and payment is made.
Popular customers questions
How long does it take to repair a parquet?
It depends on its condition, the amount of deformation and the integrity of the boards.
Is the work carried out only on a contractual basis?
Yes, and nothing else, because he acts as a mutually beneficial guarantor between the client and the company.
How can I make the order a repairing service?
Call us directly at +1(774)368-3134 or send us a message to email@example.com and our manager will accept your application and answer your questions.